Thursday 8 January 2015

2014 Favourites

I planned on writing up this post a week or so ago, but I guess all I got done was taking a photo of all the products I wanted to include in my 2014 favourites. Nevertheless, I have finally found time to write up this post. All the items have been mentioned before, in my past reviews of monthly favourites, so I won't say too much about them. 


My 2014 favourites include~ 
Ciracle Blackhead Off Sheet
The Body Shop Blackhead Extractor Tool
Maybelline Eraser Eye
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
The Saem Concealer
Tony Moly Gel Eyeliner
Secret Key Pore Minimising Pack
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Urban Decay Naked Palette 1

Ciracle Blackhead Off Sheet
If you have read my review on this product, you may know that I did not find this product too effective when I first started using. However, it was all down to the fact that I was not using the product properly or using the right tools to remove the whiteheads/blackheads from my face. After reading the instructions more often and every time when using the product, I found it to be much more effective in removing my whiteheads and blackheads, and then I started to really like this product and find this product so effective. It really does bring great results and it does harm the skin or sting the skin. It may only string your skin (nose) during the first time of using it, but after that I have not found anything problems with it whatsoever. 

The Body Shop Blackhead Extractor Tool
A few months ago, I purchased this tool, and together to use with the Ciracle Blackhead Off Sheet and they work amazingly well together. It makes the Ciracle Blackhead Off Sheet results so much more obvious. You are able to see so much more of the whiteheads removed and you can definitely remove more of the whiteheads with this tool than with the plastic ones given with the Ciracle Blackhead Off Sheet. I highly recommend those with lots of whiteheads/blackheads to get one of these, as well as the Ciracle Blackhead Off Sheet, because I do not know what is better than these two together. 

Maybelline Eraser Eye
Although the Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer/corrector has been around for a while, I have only started using it this year, and mid-way through this year. I don't know why I didn't try it out sooner, because before using this product, I always complained how my other concealers did not wear well on my skin. However, this is a brilliant under eye concealer. It doesn't look too bright under my eyes, in comparison to the rest of my face, and it does not dry my skin, which I used to have trouble with. However, it could also be help from my eye cream I use during the night, nevertheless I like the way this concealer applies. The consistency is great for the under eye area, as its thin and very easy to blend in. With a few touches, you are ready to go.

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
I have recently stopped using this product, but it does not mean I do not like this product, because I do love this product a lot! The only reason I stopped using it is because I don't want to reply on such a HD foundation on a daily basis, I did not want to use up the foundation so quickly because I can only purchase this in London in the UK, and I wanted something to cover redness without having to apply so much concealer all over my face. Yes, although this foundation does a great job at brightening, covering pores and blemishes, but a little while after using this foundation I had redness around my cheekbones and around my nose. Perhaps, I was paying more attention to the redness, as compared to before, but I wanted the redness to be covered well and so I went back to the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. Nevertheless, I am still look forward to using this foundation again, because I really loved how it felt, applied and looked when I was using it. I was so excited to finally purchase and use the product, after so many years, so by all means I still love this foundation. 

The Saem Concealer
This year I have been reaching for The Saem concealer a lot, considering it was the only one I had in my collection, and now I can't stop using it. Although the consistency is pretty thick and can feel a little heavy, but I really do love this concealer because it does what I want and need it to do. It covers blemishes, redness and pores really well and at a cheap price too. I highly recommend this concealer.

Tony Moly Gel Eyeliner
When I posted my review on this product I wasn't too keen on it and was unsure on whether I would purchase another, however now I've used this eyeliner non-stop for months I would consider purchasing another. I previously was not too keen on the fact that this eyeliner does not dry quickly enough and so it often smudges onto my upper eyelids, but I think I am getting used it and lately I have been using darker eyeshadow on my lids to create a double eyelid look, so even if the eyeliner smudges it would not look so obvious. In comparison to the Bobbi Brown gel liner, this gel liner applies on so much more smoothly, which I think its major advantage, and its very pigmented. I would sometimes find myself going over my gel liner when using the Bobbi Brown gel liner, but this gel liner does not require that extra layer. Its also way cheaper for the same amount, and a free brush, so I think it's great. I have a much more positive review on this product now, compared to my previous review in which I was still feeling a little unsure on how I actually felt about it.

Secret Key Pore Minimising Pack
When I first purchased and tried out this product, I wasn't sure of its results. The results I saw in reviews and photos looked pretty good and decided to give it a go myself, and I'm glad I did because I really do like this product. I find this pack to be very effective and has reduced my pores. My pores have always been pretty big and obvious, even with make-up. Although, this pack has not made my pores look invisible but has definitely reduced them. I do think its recommended to only use this product 2-3 times a week to prevent your skin drying, but recently I have not been as strict on my routine so I've been using it 2 times a week, but I actually think 3-4 times would be best for someone with big pores like myself. Once I get myself into my usual routine again, I think I would aim to use at least 3 times a week to do all that I can to reduce my pores even more, and I do find that the product in the tub starts to harden after amount of time, so its actually good if you are able to use the product up quickly than just leaving it to one side. Another important note is to make sure the cover is screwed back on securely to prevent the product inside from drying.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer
I've only started using bronzer this year and I can not stop myself from using it. Since coming back from my year abroad in Shanghai and a holiday short after that in Hong Kong, I gained back a lot of weight that I had lost whilst I was away and more so after graduating. Unfortunately, I haven't put in much effort to losing the weight, but fortunately I am able to maintain my weight from here onwards. With the weight gained, it also shows on my face and so my v-line is no longer so clear and I am starting to see more fat under my chin, and so I think I got this bronzer at the right time to help create a v-line. I think its great at what it does, no wonder it has been the best selling bronzer from benefit for 5 years, and the shade is great. I was worried about this when I first started using it because it is my first bronzer but I had no troubles with it at all, and even if it looked a little too harsh for my liking, all I had to do was blend it out a little more either with a brush or sometimes with my fingers. I think its great that the harshness can be controlled by a brush or your fingers, and so it is suitable for many skin tones.

Urban Decay Naked Palette 1
The last item I want to mention for my 2014 favourite is the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Although, this is a pretty old palette and I have had it for a few years already, but I wanted to include it this year in my favourites because I have definitely been getting more out of the palette this year, or even the past half way, than before. I have been using more colours and more colours at the same time. In the past, I was so used to only applying one colour as a base, and that was either Half Baked and later I moved onto Naked. Now, I use the naked as a base, and then after eye liner or sometimes before I apply a darker brown, or two in fact, Dark Horse and Smog, to create a double eyelid look, and I have been loving it so much. As I mentioned earlier, it also helps cover eyeliner smudges, so I have been wearing this look a lot the past year. I think it gives more attention to my eyes, and makes them look more interesting and larger, because of the double eyelid look. Sometimes, when I add some eyeshadow (Dark Horse) on my lower lash line, it can also help enhance the size of my eyes, and I really love the look. The brown eyeshadow gives a much more natural and blended look compared to using a black liner to underline the lower lash line. It also does not smudges as easily and is much easier to wipe away if it does. The brush the palette comes with has also been helpful in creating the double eyelid look, whereas prior to wearing this look I did not use the brush because I found it to be too big for the look I was going with and thus unnecessary. Overall, I have been really finding good use in this palette and I am hitting pan with the colour Naked, and I don't like how its the only colour I am hitting pan with and its also my most used colour, so I do want to find a dupe and is also another reason for trying out more of the other colours in the palette. 

All in all, I think this year  has been a great beauty year for me. I been trying out a lot of new things, and I have discovered a lot of great products, as mentioned above. I am very happy with the majority of my purchases this year, with very few that have been disappointing which is not too bad. There's always hits and miss with beauty products, but even those that have been misses for me, they did not break me out or harmful to my skin, so I am glad about that. As you might be able to tell, my most purchased items are definitely lip products, because they are the most reliable items to try out, in the sense that they cannot harm my skin. I think I will continue buying more, but I will definitely be trying out more colours in future, which is something I have been trying to do already. Something I really want to do in this new year is to be able to be more attentive to the results of products, and thus will be able to give much better reviews to everyone reading. I will also be looking forward to the new products coming out in 2015 and hope there are more products that I will discover to love and share with everyone~~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment