Tuesday 30 December 2014

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer Review

I have already mentioned this in my December favourite, but as always I thought that I should write a more detailed review of the product. As you may have read from my December favourites, I bought this concealer as a backup and to make do until my new concealer from The Saem came through in the post, and so I used this concealer for about 2-3 weeks.



Product Information
A natural coverage concealer that leaves the skin the way its meant to be - fresh, breathing, and natural. There are no oils, no waxes, and no nonsesne. It's an exclusive translucent base and lightweight pigments allow the skin's natural highs and lows to show through. 

Net Weight: 6M / 6.8ml/0.23 fl oz

What I think...
The concealer is not bad. It did not break me out, the shade matched by foundation and it blends in very well. The consistency is thin, also does not feel or appear thick on your skin. Once you start blending the product in, the consistency turns much thinner and lighter, and because of this it blends in easily and quickly. 

The coverage is light to medium coverage, and slightly buidable. However, I do not think the concealer is thick enough because I had to apply more than I would with my the saem concealer to cover red areas and blemishes, which is not something I want to be honest. I do not want to feel like I am applying more layers onto my skin than necessary, and honestly I think I already do apply a lot to my skin, especially when I am using a heavy foundation. I usually need to apply, and repply later on the day after blotting, concealer to the red areas around my nose and cheeks. I find that this concealer does not cover the redness well enough and although I try to build it up, it still not does cover the redness as well as I would like, and in comparion to The Saem concealer.

The price of The Saem concealer is also just a little bit cheaper too, and plus it ticks all the boxes, so I do think The Saem's concealer is better for me. However, I would need to wait for the shipping, as its from S.Korea. Whereas, the Fit Me concealer would be much easier to purchase as I could just go out to any drugstore and purchase it.


Pros 
  • Feels light
  • Applies well - easy and quick
  • No scent
  • Does not break me out
  • Availability
  • Decent Price
Cons
  • Light-medium coverage
  • Does not cover redness well

Although, some people may like a natural look, thus opting for light-medium coverage in both foundations and concealers, but personally, I like more medium-full coverage. Concealers, in particular, I would be expecting full coverage, as its purpose afterall is to cover imperfections, such as redness and blemishes, and the Fit Me concealer does not cover redness very well for me. I find my concealer from The Saem a better concealer, and would most probably keep going back to it. Therefore, I think I would only go to my Maybelline Fit Me concealer if I have run out of my The Saem concealer, or if I didn't need too much coverage and wanted a lighter look. 

My Rating 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment