Tuesday 13 January 2015

Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Mascara Review

Yes, I have another review today. I have quite a lot of free time lately and I really feel like getting this blog more active and due to the fact that I have so many products I can show everyone, I thought I should get started if I wanted to share reviews with everyone. 

So today is my first mascara review~~ Over the years I have tried many mascaras but when I first started using them, which is when I used to use Maybelline mascaras, I never saw any results. It may have been because I wasn't too informed about how to do make-up back then, as compared to now, and maybe my eyelash curler and method of doing so was really bad and so effected how the mascara looked. Since I have stopped using Maybelline mascaras, I have been mainly been using Majolica Majorca mascaras, which I really do love, and saw a difference in the way the mascara looked after application. Also, because the wand is so thin, compared to the Maybelline mascaras I used to use, I found it much easier to apply and  with minimal smudging. However late 2014, I decided to try out other mascaras for a change and so I bought this Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Mascara. 



Product Information
This mascara contains 3 coating layers, which includes a soft setting film layer, hard setting film layer and a gel-structure layer, all in which sustains well against water and sweat, hence the name of a waterproof mascara. 

The skinny 2.5mm micro brush makes it possible to style your eyelashes carefully. It curls from the root for a long lasting curl and the air light powder and fiber express long lashes. The black gel polymer prevents the mascara from lumping, and the plant extracts this mascara contains soothes, moisturises and protects the eyes. 

Net Weight: 4g

How to use
- Twist the mascara holding onto the bottom (the shorter end) and pulling the brush out (the longer end)
- Brush up in a zig zag motion
- Position the brush upwards for a short lash application


What I think...
First of all, I love the micro brush. I have single eyelids and big thick mascara brushes also end up smudging and I find it more difficult to apply than with a thin mascara, like this one. It makes applying make-up much easier, hassle free and faster, as I do not need to worry about removing or covering the smudges. Nevertheless, I still do get mascara smudges with thinner mascara brushes when I'm rushing or not careful. However, the brush is small and so the smudges are also smaller. 


I have yet to use this mascara in hot weather and when I'm playing sports, which is hardly ever, so I cannot say how well it does with sweat. I will be able to test that out once I go on holiday later this year, hopefully. 

I do agree that this mascara do not lump together and applies on very smoothly and evenly. It also does not make me eyelashes feel heavy or dry after application, so its very comfortable to wear throughout the whole day. Thanks to its micro wand, it is so much easier and faster to apply from the root up. Also, its great for short lashes and for a natural look.

The packaging is very simple and very thin, thus travel friendly. Although I do like the colour white, as you may see from the photo above, it was not easy removing the sticker from the mascara and it does not look very neat. Also, it can get dirty easily by the mascara itself, or when mixed with other items in a make-up pouch. For that I would blame The Same concealer which I like to often carry around with me. Although, I do not carry my mascara around with me during the day, my Innisfree lipsticks have often been dirtied by my concealer. 

Also, the two ends  of the mascara are a little confusing. I usually find that the shorter end is the end of the mascara brush and the longer end is where the mascara product is kept, but with this mascara it is the other way around, and so I always end up opening and holding onto the wrong end. However, this is not a huge drawback. I understand that this is a thin mascara and therefore the whole packaging is smaller, including the two ends of the mascara. 

Pros
  • Easy application
  • No clumping
  • Comfortable to wear
  • Waterproof
  • Micro mascara wand
  • Natural look
  • Great for short lashes
Cons
  • White packaging
  • Sticker on packaging


I didn't include the fact that I get confused on which end is which, because it could just be me. All in all, I do find this to be a great mascara and very suitable for those with single eyelids. It is a easy applying, light and comfortable wearing, waterproof mascara, and with no clumping. The price of the mascara is the price of an average mascara, so it is definitely affordable. I would definitely recommend this mascara. 


My Rating: 4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment