Saturday 9 August 2014

Scholl Express Pedi Pedicure Review

The review I have for today is this Scholl Express Pedi Pedicure tool. I've had this for a few months already now and I think it's totally worth purchasing. I first heard and saw this from Queenie (BeautyQQ) on YouTube and the results looked amazing so I had to get it. 

I got mine from Amazon for £21.05 as it was cheaper compared to Boots (£39.99). 




Product Information
A rotating electrical device that removes skin from the feet quickly and effortlessly for beautiful, silky-soft skin. It brings a salon experience at home for softer feeling feet. It's safe and gentle to use, and 93% people who have tried it would recommend it. 

How to use
  1. Slide the button upwards to turn on the device.
  2. Move it around the area you wish to remove hard skin, under light to medium pressure. Do not leave the device on your skin for more than 2-3 seconds and do not use longer for 20 minutes at a time. This device requires constant movement around the area. 

Cautions
  • This device is not suitable for those who are diabetic and those with poor blood circulation. 
  • Do not use the device if the skin is sore or inflamed. 
  • Make sure the device does not get wet.


This device is super easy to use and the perfect device for lazy people. It's effective and much faster than using a foot file and does not hurt. 

Scholl does not give any hints on when and after how many uses the roller should be replaced. I have been using this device for the past few months and I have not have not changed the roller yet. I still think it's working well after many times of using the device. However, I think I should think about replacing it soon. After a quick look on Amazon, I found a pack of 4 refill rollers for the price of £10.85. The device also requires 2 AA batteries, thus the overall price of the device is a little pricey, but I think it's worth it because the device itself is so convenient and effortless. The device is lightweight, thus also convenient to bring on holiday. 

I would say it's safe to use because the device stops when you apply too much pressure. I usually apply light pressure and roll the device constantly around the hard skin area as recommended.

Cleaning the device
As for cleaning the device and roller, I usually tap the device to shake off the excess dry skin bits and then I use a wet tissue/wipe and dap it gently on the roller to remove all the white bits (hard skin) until it's blue again. 

Here's how my feet look after using the device. Unfortunately, I did not take any photos before using the device, but I will come back the next time I use it and update this post.  



Although my feet may not look completely soft, Scholl notes that it may take more than one attempt to remove all the hard skin and perhaps over a period of time. I am pretty happy with the results already because my feet do feel much smoother and softer. I am a little lazy too and I haven't timed myself when using this product, so I don't know if I have reached close to the suggested maximum of 20 minutes. Perhaps, I will try that out the next time. 

I would also suggest foot cream after using the device, especially if your feet look dry like mine do in the photo. I didn't really pay attention to how dry my feet looked previously, but I will definitely have to get myself some foot cream now. 

Pros
  • Super easy and effortless to use
  • Fast
  • Lightweight
  • Effective -smoother and softer skin
Cons
  • Price of the device, refills and batteries
I would say the price is the only drawback of this product, but I don't think it's a problem, considering batteries do not need to be replace very often. As for the rollers, you can think of it as buying a new foot file, and it is cheaper than an average foot file.

It's very convenient to use and would be faster than an average foot file and its perfect for someone who is lazy, like me. I find myself using this device quite often, whereas with a foot file I would feel reluctant to use often and would only use it when very necessary, because of the time and effort it takes.

As you can probably figure from the above, I really like the product and would recommend it to others to try.

My Rating: 4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment