Sunday 17 August 2014

Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer Review

I am on a roll today with reviews. I've been purchasing a lot of new products recently and seeing that I have lots of free time, I decided to write as many reviews as I can today.

I'm sure everyone has heard of Urban Decay's Primer Potion, and its popularity is also widely known. Behold, there is an eye primer just as good as Urban Decay's Primer Potion and is much cheaper. This product is Korean brand, Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer.

I heard about this from my sister, who told me that this is known as the dupe for Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Korea, and the best thing about it is its price. In fact, Korean beauty brands produce a lot of good dupes for well known American make-up products and sell them at much lower prices. I have tried a few of the popular dupes and its originals and I must say that they are definitely just as good, and some are even better than the original, this product in particular.

I have already gone through one bottle of this, making it 8 months since my purchase. Wow, I haven't even realised. Considering the fact that this product only cost me US$6.99 (£4.16) incl. P&P, it is definitely worth its price. Not only is it cheap, but I think it suits me much better than the Urban Decay Primer Potion.






Product Information
This eye primer gives a long lasting effect, preventing eye shadow and eye liner from removing and creasing. It helps with silky and sleek eyelids for better application of your eye make-up, without a sticking effect.

Net Weight: 10g

How to use
Apply a small amount of product onto eyelids, before eye shadow and eye liner, and lightly rub in the product.

What I think...
As I mentioned earlier, this eye primer is much better suited for me than the Urban Decay Primer Potion. This is because my eyelids do not get oily throughout the day and therefore my make-up does not smudge or wear off. However, when I used to apply the Primer Potion, I always found my eye liner wearing off and smudging half-way through the day. I noticed such a huge difference with the Proof 10 Eye Primer, and I have not gone back to using Primer Potion ever since.

Another good thing about Proof 10 Eye Primer is the bottle is transparent and you can see how much product you have used and this makes it much easier to calculate when to consider buying another. However, as you start noticing less product on the brush, you will still be able to see product sticking around the bottle but it is not easy to wipe the brush around the whole bottle to get every little bit of product out of it. Nevertheless, I would still say it's better at getting more out of the product than the Primer Potion.

The length of the brush is quite long and perhaps a little longer than necessary. If it were a little shorter, it would be more travel friendly, nevertheless the bottle is already quite small.

The consistency is thin compared to Primer Potion and easier to blend. It does not leave any sticky feeling after application, as claimed, and leaves a soft and matte finish.



The primer gives your eye make-up a better finish. The colour of your eye make-up looks more vibrant and colourful than without primer, as shown above.

Unfortunately, I have thrown away my box the bottle came with and I must have deleted the photos I had previously taken. The box is a long rectangle box, in a dark blue-greyish shiny box. On the back contains Korean instructions and ingredients, whereas the English is on the right of the box. The expiry date can be found at the bottom of the box.

Pros
  • Does not smudge and eye make-up does not wear off
  • Suitable for oily lids
  • Very easy to blend
  • Nice Consistency
  • Enhances eye shadow
  • Cheap
  • Transparent packaging

Cons
  • Long brush

As you can see from the list above, I only have good things to say about this product. In my opinion, Etude House's Proof 10 Eye Primer is the better product and suits me much more than Urban Decay's Primer Potion. It's super cheap and does much more than the price suggests. I have already re-purchased this product, and I don't really have thoughts on trying other primers because this does everything I could ask for. This is a definite must-have!

My Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment