Sunday 17 August 2014

Innisfree Eco Safety No Sebum Sun Milk Review

As I have shown in my recent haul post, I purchased this Innisfree Sun Milk. I was looking forward to using this because, at the time of purchase and delivery of this product, it has been very warm and sunny, so I figured I should apply some sun cream, but I didn't own any. I read quite a few reviews on this product and they all seemed to like it, and I am quite fond of Innisfree products so I decided to go ahead and purchase this - Purchased for USD15.48 (£9.06~) from rubyruby76 (ebay). 






Product information
A non-greasy milky sun-screen that applies lightly onto the skin, without leaving any white residue. It contains sunflower seed oil and Jeju organic green tea extracts, which helps with healthy skin. 

The '5 free' refers to no parabens, no artificial colouring, no mineral oils, no talc, and no animal materials, therefore this would be suitable for those with sensitive skin. 

How to use
  • Apply this product as the last stage of your skin care routine. 
  • Lightly shake the tube and gently squeeze the product out of the tube. 
  • Apply a moderate amount on areas where exposed to UV rays. 


Packaging
The packaging is very simple, like the majority of other Innisfree products, and comes in white plastic tube with a screw lid, containing 45ml of product. Once you take the lid off, you will see a nozzle with a very small hole, making it easier to avoid dispensing too much product at once. 

You can lightly squeeze the tube to dispense product, or you can simply hold the tube with the nozzle facing down onto your hand and let the product drip out from the tube. As the nozzle drips out the product very easily, it is important to always put the lid back on after use or stand the product up after dispensing. 

The bottle comes in a rectangle box as shown above and below. There is no English instructions on the tube, but there are English instructions and an ingredients list on the side of the box, as shown below. 



Now for my review... 

As advised, I used this after my skin care routine and after applying moisturiser, in which I use Nature Republic's Aloe Gel, but even after applying a decent amount of moisturiser, I found that my skin looked very dry. I had originally thought that because it was said to be a sun milk, it could be applied onto the skin easily and would have a moisturising effect, but I was wrong. 

As this product contains oil control properties, it does give a matte finish, but once I apply foundation on top my skin looks very dry and I usually have to remove all my make-up and redo it. In order to be able to apply this product and get a non-dry look, I applied more moisturiser than usual and a little less sun milk than I would have wanted. It is important to reapply sun protection every few hours, and I knew I was going to be doing so with my Clio Sun Spray, so I felt that it ok applying a little less product than I had wished. Although, I did blot around 4 hours later, my face wasn't very oily but I just felt that doing so at the time would be more convenient for me, considering I was meeting up with a friend. Overall, I think it does a pretty job at oil control. 

There is a very mild fragrance, I would say it's more noticeable at the end of the day. The consistency is thin, and does not leave a greasy or sticky texture as claimed. 



Midway through application

After application with moisturiser (close-up)
After application with moisturiser 
After application with moisturiser (close-up)

Without any product. 
Please excuse my dry hands. I do apply hand cream ^^;;;;

As you shown in the photos above, moisturiser is very important when using this product. Without moisturiser, it gives a very drying finish with an obvious white cast finish. Although, the photo with moisturiser does show a smooth finish, but close up it still leaves a slight drying look and a slight white cast finish, but not as obvious without moisturiser. 

Pros
  • Oil Control
  • Lightweight
  • SPF50+
  • PA+++
Cons
  • Very drying
  • White cast

The drying effect after application is a major no no for me. I doubt I will be using this product often considering the drying effect it has on my skin, as it requires a lot of work to get the right balance for my skin type (combination/oily), and therefore would not buy this product again, nor would I recommend this product to others. I do feel like it's a waste of money, because it isn't right for me, but I guess I can still use it other parts of my body.

My Rating:  1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment