Tuesday 9 December 2014

Kiko Smart Lipstick Review

I mentioned this in my November favourites, but I thought I should also write a separate review for this lipstick in more detail. This was definitely my lipstick for the month of November. Although, I did include another lip product in my November favourites, this was the one I was reaching for since I purchased it and couldn't stop, especially when the shade is so fitting with this season. This lipstick is Kiko's Smart Lipstick in shade #13 Rosewood. 



Product Information
'A rich, nourishing lipstick with full colour and total comfort. It's extremely melting texture with original sensoriality. Thanks to its large drop-shaped lipstick tip, Smart Lipstick guarantees maximum precision and extreme control during application. The excellent coverage and very adaptable colour release make it the perfect, easy accessory to use at any time of the day. Smart Lipstick is available in 24 ultra radiant shades. From rose beige to bright purple.' 

- Kiko

Net Weight: 3.5g / 18M / 0.1 OZ.

What I think....
As I mentioned in my November favourites, I purchased this lipstick when Kiko were holding a sale on the majority of their lip products and I ended up buying only one product, although the sale made their lip products amazingly cheap. I swatched so many shades and different lip products that I actually cleaned my hand once and then swatched more shades. Eventually, I chose the Smart Lipstick in shade #13 which only cost me £2.50, originally £3.90. I was tempted to buy more, considering the price, but I knew I was going to end up buying shades I already have which is something I wanted to avoid so I thought I would try one out for the time being. 

From the first day I applied this product, I couldn't stop going back to it. The shade is something I do not own, so I was really happy with the fact that I went for something different, and it is was so fitting with the season and weather at the time. Not only that, but the formula is great too. It does not dry my lips, and therefore can be worn the whole day without any trouble. It applies onto the lips very smoothly and softly. As it is described by Kiko, this product is pigmented and is radiant on the lips. 

I would normally touch up during my breaks at work, which would be 4-5 hours in. The colour is apparent after them hours, but I apply a little more just because I would have ate my lunch and just to make my lips just a bit more radiant after that. Even without reapplying, my lips look more of a natural shade, with the fainted colour on my lips.

The lipstick does have a scent, but it smells amazing. It's a pleasant, vanilla scent, which is similar to a MAC lipstick. 

I think this is a great product and the original price is actually cheaper than most high street brand lip products, so it's a great price too. The packaging is much nicer than most high street brands too. Although the packaging is all black, with white writing on it, I think its great. It's a little similar to the Mac lipstick.


If you are able to catch their sale, then do catch the opportunity to purchase their lip products cheap! I would definitely recommend because where else can you get a great formula and texture lipstick for £2.50!? 

Swatch of  Kiko Smart Lipstick in #13 Rosewood
Pros
  • Applies very smoothly and softly 
  • Pigmented
  • Can be worn and reapplied throughout the day
  • Non-drying
  • Great price!
  • Available in 24 shades

Cons
  • Availability
  • Only available in Europe

To be honest, I can not think of many cons about this lipstick at all. I would only say availability, because I don't see Kiko stores in many places outside of London, and I have learnt that Kiko is only available in Europe at the moment. Nevertheless, as you can tell from the pros list outweighing the cons, it is a great lipstick and at a great price too. I would definitely be looking in the store again for another, especially if they are on sale.


My Rating: 4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment