Monday 1 December 2014

November Favourites

During the month of November, I purchased a few new items and they have been good to me and therefore included in my November favourites, in addition to a few other things.  


My November favourites include~
Kiko Smart Lipstick #913
Innisfree Creammellow Lipstick #8
Alexander Wang Lovestruck Perfume
Real Techniques Kabuki Brush
Urban Outfitters Watch



Kiko Smart Lipstick #913

During a day trip to visit my sister in London, she told me that Kiko were holding a sale on lipsticks and I was actually looking for a new shade at the time so it was great timing. I swatched so many in store on my hand that I actually cleaned my hand and then swatched more lipsticks on my hand. I would say I had a hard time deciding, because I actually wanted to find something that was close to my original lip colour but something that would make it look more bright at the same time. In the end, I ended up going for this colour. I did not want to go for a colour similar to what I already have, that being lots of pinks and reds, especially having just purchased two new lipsticks from Innisfree in both pink and red, and therefore I went for a shade I don't own or have ever tried. I think it's a great shade for the autumn/winter and it was a fantastic bargain. This lipstick was originally £5, which is already cheaper than most high street lipsticks, but the sale bought the price down to £2.50!!! Where can you get a lipstick for £2.50 and a good formula lipstick too. Speaking of the formula, I really do like it. It's not drying, it applies on very smoothly and softly and it's pigmented. This is definitely a lipstick I can wear all day long and my lips would still look great. I would definitely buy more if I wasn't so tight on money.... 

Innisfree Creammellow Lipstick #8

At the end of last month, I purchased two new Innisfree lipsticks from their new collection of Creammellow Lipsticks. They have been quite popular in Korea since its release and seeing that the name is creammellow, I thought that it would be suitable for me, someone who does not like dry looking lips and needs moisture on the lips. I purchased this in a red and a pink, shades #8 and #6 respectively, and, as always, once I start using a new lipstick and like it, I can't stop using it. I used this lipstick for quite a few weeks, until I felt like I wanted to use a warmer shade because this lipstick is pretty pigmented and bright in colour, In addition, it does go by its name as it has a soft and creamy formula. 

(left to right)
Kiko #913 and Innisfree #8

Alexander Wang Lovestruck Perfume

Last month, I included my Marc Jacobs Lola perfume in my monthly favourites and as I have been using that quite often, this month I wanted to have a change in scent and I went back to my Alexander Wang Lovestruck perfume, which I absolutely love. The only reason I stopped using this, about a year or so ago, was because I didn't want to run out of it. I used this almost everyday when I was studying abroad in Shanghai because I loved it so much and I still do. This perfume has a really nice, elegant scent, with a mix of fruity and floral scents. I think it's only right if I start using it again now, at this time of the year, because I do think it's more of a autumn scent than spring or summery scent. I've seen it in the shops lately and I am definitely keeping my eye out on further reductions after Christmas for this perfume. 

Real Techniques Kabuki Brush

Since purchasing the MUFE HD powder, I had to buy a brush to apply the powder on and I thought it was the right time to purchase a powder brush for the first time, as I didn't like using a sponge for the powder. I decided to purchase the retractable brush, from Amazon, as I knew I would be needing this when I was out and at work, so having a lid would be most hygienic. I love how soft the bristles are and how easy and quick it is to apply the powder with a brush. I am a little upset that only about a month of owning the brush, I have damaged it. There are two cracks on the lid, which I am guessing is from slamming my bag down too hard and therefore the lid cracking, but also the bristles have gotten trapped quite a few times and look a little messy. Although, it's very easy to place the lid back on but when I first got the brush, I wasn't sure how it worked and after searching it online, I found out you pull up the pink plastic at the bottom of the brush and then you can place the lid on top, and that way the bristels are not trapped inside and outside the lid, like so... 


I am thinking of getting another one, because I really do like it, but I am being tight with money recently. I have been spending too much, so it might have to wait and the brush is not unusable so I think it will do for the meantime.   


Urban Outfitters Watch

This month, I am including another accessory. I purchased this watch a year or so ago when this watch was on sale at Urban Outfitters and I was planning on wearing it to uni but I never did. I always used my phone if I wanted to know the time, but since starting work, I knew I wouldn't be able to keep my phone with me and so I started wearing watches again and this watch in particular, well its the only one I have as my old ones have stopped working. It's nothing very special but I do like the faux leather straps and the colour as well, it was exactly what I was looking for at the time and it being on sale was shouting at me that it was the perfect time to buy this watch. The face is plain, and each hour/minute can be seen on the face of the clock, which are two things I look for in a watch. It also goes with many styles of outfits, which is great. I've been wearing this everyday I go to work and sometimes I even reach out for it on non-work days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment