Monday 29 December 2014

December Favourites

I have not purchased new items this month and therefore you may see some old favourite items popping again for my December favourites. 


My December Favourites include~
Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder (52 Vanille)
Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey
Innisfree Vivid Tint Rouge (#9 Dandelion Flower Coral)
Maybelline FIT me! Concealer (#20)
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (1W1, BONE 17)


Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder

Having used my MUFE powder for a while and already starting to touch pan, only after 2-3 months, I decided to switch up my press powder and back to my previous Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder. Although, this compact does not come with an applicator, I have a lot of sponges that I purchased last summer in Hong Kong. With one of my purchases, the sponge came with a free sponge holder, in a shape of a square, which I love as it makes it so much easier to carry the sponge around with me.

I really am loving this powder at the moment, because once I apply it, all my shiny areas disappear. When I apply this after foundation, my skin looks so smooth and it even helps cover my pores, so this is definitely a powder I would highly recommend.

However, I would not agree that this is a 10 hour matte powder, because I get oily after 4-5 hours. Also, I have combination skin so if I apply this powder again later in the day, to matify my skin, it sometimes makes my skin look too dry. This is a big problem of mine, because it happens most of the time but I'm always thinking whether using the powder again would be best to matify my skin.

Nevertheless, I do like this powder. It is a good powder to set makeup, however those with dry skin may find trouble with this powder.


Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey

This is a perfume I got for Christmas last year, gifted to me from my sister, and I love this perfume. I had already picked this out as my favourite scent when visiting the department in Selfridges, and as my sister already knew she bought it for me. 

The scent is very strong and very sweet. The scent is a rich and elegant, like the brand itself. I like to use this according to the event and my outfit so everything matches accordingly. I love fruity scents much more than floral scents, and this is definitely my style of scent. 

Once you open the top of the perfume, to be exposed to the spray, you can also smell the strong scent of the perfume. A great thing is that the scent lasts all day long. I can still smell this on me and my clothes by the time I get home and I love it. I do not get bored of it. It goes to show that you will not need much in order to smell this on yourself, which is great as the one small bottle like this does cost a lot! Throughout the year, I have not used this bottle much as I don't want to use it up and as you may be able to see from the photo, I've still got so much more left in the bottle. I would definitely say this is my favourite perfume out of those that I own. 


Innisfree Vivid Tint Rouge (#9 Dandelion Flower Coral)

This product I have mentioned before, in another monthly favourites, and it is included again this month. I switched back to using this because I decided I wanted red, glossy lips, and something that would suit the winter season. Although this is actually a coral colour, it looks red enough to me. I've been applying this using a slight gradient look. I apply a thin layer all over my lips first, using my fingers to even out the product, and then I apply another layer to the center of my lips to create the gradient look. 

The great thing about this product is that it is super pigmented and long lasting, which is great for someone who works in retail, on the shop floor, and cannot always take breaks to touch up. However, sometimes the lips can look too striking, which I'm not too much of a fan of, so I try to dab a little off to fade it out, because a lot does out of on the applicator, so I usually dab on the product and only apply a little each time. 

Maybelline FIT me! Concealer (#20)

Earlier this month, I found myself running out of my concealer from The Saem and I was still waiting for my new one to arrive, so I went out to buy a concealer to use in the meantime and ended up buying the Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer. This is actually the first concealer that I have tried from the UK High Street brands, because I usually go for either high end or Korean brands for skin make-up. Although, I do not think it is as good as my the saem concealer, but it is not bad either. It did not break me out, the shade was what I wanted, and it does blend in well. 

The consistency of product is thick, but once you apply it onto your skin it does not feel or appear very thick, and because of that it blends in well and easily. 

I can't say too much about it, as I have not tried many other concealers before, apart from the saem concealer which really ticks all the boxes for me, but this Maybelline concealer is not a bad one. I do not feel like I have wasted my money. It still covers what I need to cover on my face, but maybe not as well as my concealer from The Saem. Nevertheless, in that aspest it may be because its not as thick and heavy as The Saem's concealer, which is great for a more natural, light make-up look. 


Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (1W1, BONE 17)

Last of all, it's my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I have been using this foundation for years already and in the past half year I have been purchasing new foundations to try out, as mentioned in previous posts, but I still go back to my Estee Lauder Double Wear. After noticing redness of my cheeks when using the MUFE after a few months, I decided to go back to my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear. 

Besides the fact that it does not come with a pump and that it can look a little heavy, I really do love this foundation. It contains SPF10, full coverage, long lasting, covers redness well, the shade I have is a great brightening shade without it looking too white and uneven with the rest of my body's skintone, it does not break me out, it does not make me more oily, or oily faster like other products or foundations, and so its always a reliable foundation for me to go back to. What more can I say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment