Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Favourites

It's September! Time for students to go back to school and graduates to start working, or like me still finding a suitable job. Nevertheless, I have found something I can do temporarily until I find something better. Hopefully~

I feel like I have a lot to talk about regarding my favourites for the month of September. I have purchased a few new products to treat my oily skin and they seem to be making a difference so good results must be shared. Let's get into my September favourites.


September favourites include...
Ciracle Blackhead Off-sheet
Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder
Bourjois Colour Boost Crayon
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
Clarins Ultra Matte Rebalancing Lotion (for oily skin) 
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation



Ciracle Blackhead Off-sheet


I have previously posted a review of this product, as well as an update, and I really love this product. Earlier this month, I noticed that my whiteheads were getting quite serious, to the point where the whiteheads can be seen quite clearly even with makeup on, which sometimes helps cover them. At that time, I was at my sister's place in London and didn't have this item with me so I tried a nose strip, but it was not effective enough. As soon as I came home, I used this and I noticed a huge difference. A few days later, the whiteheads came back and this time my nose seemed much smoother and cleaner. It may sound gross, but I love seeing the whiteheads because it really shows me how effective this product is in helping extracting whiteheads.

The most important thing is the extractor tool. I recently purchased a new tub of this because I've ran out, making it just over 2 months since I started using it, and I noticed a day later that I had not received a pack of the black extractor with the cotton bud on the other end. Fortunately, I have some left because I did not used to use them.

As you can tell from my review and mention of re-purchase, I love this product and it is really effective!

Benefit Bronzing Powder



Since finishing exams I have been eating so much and so much fatty foods. Now, I've put all the weight that I have lost during Shanghai and my diet when I was living alone in London. As much as I want to diet and lose the weight again, it's difficult due to being at home, having my parents cook for me, and now with my work schedule, I have to be full. Not only have I gained body weight but it also shows on my face, as it's become rather round. I've been missing the v-line I achieved when I was in Shanghai since starting again university, so I decided getting a bronzer may help shade my face to make it look slimmer. I've been using it for over a month now and have been enjoying the difference it makes. Although, I haven't had much experience using it or made much time in finding out which is the best way to apply it, I still like the difference it makes and how my cheeks look slimmer, compared to as without. I have not stopped using this my first use and I don't know how I would feel if I skipped this step in my routine now. Although I was a little iffy about the price to begin with, I'm glad I purchased this.

Bourjois Colour Boost Crayon



If you read my previous review, which were on this lip crayons, you knew I was including this in my September favourites. I particularly love the Pink Fuschia shade and I really want to switch up on my lip products, considering I own so may lip products, but I really can't stop reaching for it. It suits me so well and is right for my lips, which tend to dry out after the second application and the lipstick tends to settle into fine lines. But with this, it does not look so obvious. It still looks natural and help my lips feel hydrated. As I have only recently written my review, please read my review for more. 

Upon application
After rubbing in the product.


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer




I have been meaning to get myself a better suited concealer for my under eyes for a while now, and after asking my sister what she thought about hers, I decided to go get one myself. These are very popular and now I know why. It took me a few visits to different Boots and Superdrug stores until I actually found one in the shade I need. 

I usually have to go for a medium shade for foundations and concealers, compared to my sister anyway who usually goes for paler shades, but the shade 'light' was actually right for me, With my previous concealer, which was more of a a spot concealer, used to turn the area under my eyes too white that it actually made my dark circles stand out more, but with this it actually blends well and matches my skin tone very well. I love how natural it applies and looks, and therefore I am very happy with this purchase and can see what the craze is all about this product. 


Clarins Ultra Matte Rebalancing Lotion (for oily skin) 



Another new purchase is this Rebalancing Lotion from Clarins. I was looking for a new moisturiser to help with my extremely oily skin and I heard that StyleSuzi, who has oily skin, uses Clarins so I decided to give it a go too, however I got the lotion which is especially for oily skin. It does help my skin control the oil better than my previous moisturisers but because my face gets extremely oily after 4 hours, it still looks oily however I would say it still does a better job in terms of the amount of oil that's on my face after 4 hours. There is a bit of a smell to this lotion, which I actually don't really like for once, but I can still deal with it. Another thing, is that when you dispense the lotion it can easily be pumped out going everywhere so I have to hold my finger extremely close to the dispenser and press it down slowly and carefully. I usually have to use about 4-5 pumps and I am currently deciding whether it is actually moisturising enough for my skin. Although, I have very oily skin it looks dry at the same time so it's hard to balance. When I first started using the lotion, I had no problems but I guess my skin is becoming dehydrated after a few weeks. Nevertheless, I have included due to the control it has on reducing the amount of oil. 

Before application
Application of product
After application of product


Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation


For my final item, it is the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I purchased this a few weeks ago and have not stopped using it since. I got it in 4.5 but I am starting to think whether it's a little dark. It applies on well and in a slightly lighter shade to my skin tone, but after a few hours it oxidises and, in my opinion, becomes darker than my original skin tone which I dislike. Nevertheless, I think the way this foundation applies is great. It's so easy and quick to blend, due to its thin consistency, and has a great texture to it. I always have to pump it slowly and carefully because it can get a little messy. Another good point is that it feel very light on the skin.I always get excited for foundation when I first get them and automatically like them, excluding the YSL Fusion Ink Foundation, and so I guess its the main reason I have included this foundation in my September favourites, even though as I am writing this, it seems as if it's not actually right for me. I will have to test it a little more and with different moisturisers to see the difference, but so far I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment