Sunday 14 September 2014

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon

The other week, my sister and I poured out our collection of lip products out and swatched them and compared them all, and during that my sister told me that these two goodies were mine. I had no idea. It's been residing in her room for so long, I must have forgotten. With new products in my collection, I always look forward to testing them out which I have recently been doing with the Fucshia Libre colour and I love it. 

These lip products are very similar to the Revlon Colour Boost lip crayons, which I have also previously purchased but didn't really like it so much. However, I like these so much. I just guess I shouldn't have gone with the Revlon matte lip crayons, but something more hydrating like how these are. 

(top to bottom) 02 Fuchsia Libre, 01 Red Sunrise


Product Information
A lip crayon bursting with vibrant colour and irresistible moisture and glossy finish. 

This new formula that provides a light, non-sticky texture, as well as comfort and hydration to lips for 10 hours. Its also waterproof and includes SPF 15 and is available in 4 easy-to-wear colours.

Beauty Insider's Choice Winner 2014.

Net weight: 2.75g / 18M

What I think...
After adding these to my collection, I had to wear it the next time I went out and I choose to go for the pink, which I have been wearing a lot recently, and now I have been this product non-stop. 

I haven't used the Red Sunrise lip crayon yet, as I've been loving pink too much these days, and I absolutely love it. It's a great shade of pink, well pigmented, and this product works great with the gradient lips look. I usually apply a full coat on my lips and then blend in the product, and then I apply another coat but only on the the bottom inner lip and upper inner lip. 

If you don't want to go for the glossy finish look also works with this product, all you have to do is blend in the product and you get a matte finish. However, you will perhaps need to apply another layer so that it looks more vibrant.

As it claims, this product is a light, non-sticky and hydrating product. It has never dried out my lips or make my lips look flaky, which happens quite often for me. I love how it doesn't settle into fine lines, because this is something I experience frequently. I would also say it has some lasting power, however I have never been able to keep it on for longer than 10 hours without a little touch-up, mostly due to food. It will stay on even after eating if you are eating neatly, but the glossy effect will disappear. Whereas, if you are eating noodles or something water based, then it does disappears off the lips. In addition, I do find that it sometimes transfer onto the food, especially when eating food like bread.

I haven't even used my Red Sunrise lip crayon and the crayon is already damaged. There is a possibility that my sister has used it but even so the crayon is not so round and smooth looking compared to my Fuchsia Libre crayon and the tip of the crayon is flat. The crayon is soft and therefore easily dented when placing the lid back on. 

As for the packaging, I'm much of a fan but I don't know exactly what is is, as I understand it's a high street brand and will not be able to afford as elegant packaging and appearance as other lip products. On the other hand, I do like how each crayon is in the same colour as the actual lip crayon on the inside, as well as a glossy, shiny look. This makes the product so much easier to find and grab, which is really helpful on rushed mornings.

Swatch
(left to right) 01 Red Sunrise, 02 Fuchsia Libre

After blending in the product
(left to right) 01 Red Sunrise, 02 Fuchsia Libre
Pros
  • Moisturising 
  • Moderate lasting power
  • SPF15
  • Matte and glossy finish can be achieved
  • Does not settle into fine lines
Cons
  • Crayon easily damaged
  • Only 4 shades available
  • Transferable 

I do find this a good product and I will be definitely mentioning this in my September favourites. I love the light, moisturising formula, and extra points for not settling into fine lines, which are problems I often face. Although, it is a glossy lip crayon but a semi-matte can be achieved easily, which I really love. The SPF15 is great protection from the sun and something that none of my other lip products have, so I really like that. There are a few drawbacks, and the one that I dislike the most is how easy the crayon tip can be damaged. I like keeping my products looking as neat as possible and as I have bought them with little change to its original form, but I would say it's difficult to achieve with this product. But as a product and it's look in itself, I would say it's a good and recommendable product. 

My Rating: 4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment