Tuesday 2 September 2014

August Favourites

It's a new month, so it's time to talk about my favourites for the past month. Again, I haven't been out much so I haven't been able to try many products a lot, and so can't really review a lot of products, which I actually have a lot of recently. Nevertheless, let's get into my August favourites. 


August Favourites includes...
AC Ckinic Pink Powder Spot
YSL Rouge Pur Couture #17
Nature Republic Jelly Drop Jam Balm
Soap & Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream
Body Shop Vineyard Peach Shower Gel



This month, I have been breaking out a lot but I'm not quite sure what it is down to. It may be down to new products because I have purchased quite a few and started using them around the same time, so I can't really tell which one is the problem, but I hope I get to go out a little more this month to test the products out more. This product has been a good help at reducing the spots, which I usually use at night but when my spots are quite large and red, or I have many spots, I will also use this product in the day. The only problem with the product is that it does leave a pink circle on the spot you have applied it on, so it's only good to use at night and at home. It does come with a white powder water, which I sometimes use in the day instead of this pink one, but I tend to avoid using it when I'm applying make-up because I have found it to dry that area of my face when I apply foundation on top. 

Nevertheless, this product does a great job at reducing spots. Small spots can be reduced over night, but larger spots will take a few days, but I still think it does a great job. 


I recently bought the YSL's new Fusion Ink foundation, which I hope I can review very soon after a few more tests, and along with that I bought this lipstick. The reason being is because Debenhams were giving 1500 beauty points on the beauty card when spending over £50, so I did and now I have earned £15 on my beauty card.

I was a little worried that this would be too similar to my #52 because the colour is pretty similar but this (#17) is so much more moisturising than #52, which I love because sometimes my lips do get quite dry and if I use #52 it's just a disaster. Whereas, this is a little softer in colour, and not as pigmented but much more suitable to use when dry lips, because it doesn't make it so obvious that I have dry lips. 

#17 swatch

The next product I will talk about is my Nature Republic's Jelly Drop Jam Balm. I have had this for quite a long time, I bought this when i visited Seoul, Korea, in late 2012. I did use it when I first got it and what persuaded me to purchase this balm is the scent. It smells really good, very fruity. At the time, I wasn't bothered that it was in a little tub, but now I do find it a little bothersome having to go wash my hands after using it, because it is quite sticky, especially after washing my hands multiple beforehand after applying face creams etc. It does a good job at moisturising my lips, and as I mentioned above my lips do get dry from time to time and this really helps and I try to apply it at nights in order to prevent further dryness. 

You can see below for a swatch. It looks pink in the tub and in colour but when applied onto the lips, there is no colour. It does brighten your lips but there is no colour. I have applied the balm on the right, closest to my knuckle. You can see that there is a little shine .

(left to right) YSL #17 and Nature Republic Jelly Drop Jam Balm



In a previous review of the Scholl Express Pedi tool, I mentioned that I had to purchase a foot cream for my dry-looking feet and I did the next time I went out. I purchased the Soap & Glory foot genius foot cream, because I quite liked the hand cream a while back and I found that it was the best deal in Boots, in terms of size, amount of product and price, compared to other foot creams, and Soap & Glory product smells amazing! 

The cream feels very soft and very moisturising. I would say that it requires quite a rubbing in, because it does stay quite moist for a while. But, the results will leave your feet feeling moisturised and it looks more moisturised, as you can tell in the photos below.

Before applying foot cream

After applying foot cream

The last product I want to include in my monthly favourites is Body Shop's Vineyard Peach Shower Gel. This shower gel smells amazing! It's so fragrant and actually smells like peach. Even after showering, you can smell the peach scent and quite strongly too. I would definitely purchase this scent again, but only when it's on sale, because when it's not on sale, I don't think it's very worth its original price considering its size. 

That is all, I'm looking forward to September favourites and I am hoping I can splurge a little on foundations and BB cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment