Tuesday 3 March 2015

February favourites

Another quiet month in terms of what I have to say about my February favourites, in my opinion anyway. 


February Favourites include~ 
Garnier Micellar Water 
YSL Rouge pur Couture Glossy Stain (#12)
Infinity Eyeshadow (#214 Mat Desert Sand)
Blink, Intensive Tears


Garnier Micellar Water 

I always considered trying this out but only just started to use it more recently, because I had run out of Innisfree cleanser and I didn't want to use all my Bioderma cleansing water all at once. Seeing that the Garnier Micellar Water was on offer in Boots at the right time, I decided to give it a try. Previously, I had tried the L'oreal cleansing water but I did not like that at all, and I was hoping that this wouldn't be the same and thankfully it isn't the same as the L'oreal cleansing water. 

This cleansing water works just as well as the Bioderma, hence its known as the dupe for it, and the size and price is great. It removes dirt from my face well and does not foam up while doing so and is gentle on my skin too. I don't usually use cleansing water to remove make-up as I usually use cleansing oil first and then cleansing water to make sure everything has been removed, so I can't say much about how it removes make-up. The only down side is how it pours out the bottle, because sometimes it does come out too quickly and does not actually land onto my cotton pad I have held at the dispenser. Nevertheless, its a great product and I am considering whether I need to buy Bioderma anymore. 


YSL Rouge pur Couture Glossy Stain (#12)

I've had this tint for quite a while now but I haven't used it very much until recently. I've recently been experiencing dry lips so I wanted a glossy and hydrating look, and so I started using this glossy stain. I think this is great for those who work long shifts and cannot always touch up on make-up because this lip product really does stain and stays until you eat and wipe food away from your lips. However, the glossy look does not stay for as long as the colour, but still hydrates the lips. I've been using this a lot this month and had to include it in my February favourites. 

Infinity Eyeshadow (#214 Mat Desert Sand)

A Kiko store has recently opened a store near me, so I no longer have to go far to access Kiko, and I love it especially with frequent sales. I have been looking for a new base eyeshadow for the longest time, to replace my Naked eyeshadow colour because I use it so much and wanted a backup, but I haven't been able to find one that I liked, until I visited Kiko. This eyeshadow was on sale, costing me only £2.80, which is such a bargain. I went back into Kiko later in the week and bought 3 more eyeshadows because I thought with such cheap prices, it was the best opportunity to buy and try new colours. 

I really love the simple packaging for this. It does come with a transparent, protective lid and it's extremely thin so it's great for travelling. As the colour is a moderately pale colour, it may not be so noticeable on me but that's the look I am going for. I am only using it as a base eyeshadow, so I don't want it to be very colourful. However, I do believe Kiko eyeshadows are pigmented. This eyeshadow and other shades I purchased looked very pigmented when I swatched them on my hand in store. 

I have been using this eyeshadow continuously since its purchase and I can see myself using this for a very long time, and I'm likely to abandon my Naked shade in my Naked 2 palette for a while, considering I have already hit pan and would like to keep my palette balanced. I really love how Kiko has a great range of shades for eyeshadows and in colours that I actually really like. I usually find it hard to find a shade that I feel like its worth buying but seeing how I bought 4 shades from Kiko within a week really goes to show how much I love Kiko now.

Blink, Intensive Tears

Earlier this month, I had some problems with my eyes as they were probably feeling uncomfortable from my contact lenses. I also had an incident where the lenses broke in my eye when I was trying to remove them and my optician recommended these eye drops to make my eyes feel more comfortable and hydrate them because they were a little dry. I have definitely noticed a difference having used these drops continuously. I find it much easier and more comfortable putting my lenses in and I do not feel much discomfort during or after using contact lenses, so I believe these drops were a great recommendation and something I really needed and will continue to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment