Sunday 1 February 2015

January Favourites

January has been the month of sales but I haven't bought many new beauty items. I have spent money on beauty items but only on stocking up on routine products, such as my ac clinic cleanser, real art cleansing oil,  ciracle black-off sheet, and wonder pore freshner, which has yet to arrive yet. I don't think I have many beauty items to include for my January favourites because I haven't been out very much this month, and so I haven't had much of a chance to put on make-up. Therefore, I will include a few other favourites such as clothing or recent purchases.


January Favourites include~
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara
Mac Sheen Supreme (Korean Candy)
Zara Home Fragrance (Black Forest)
Mango Green Sweater
Zara Black Skirt



Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara


This is just a sample of the Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara I got from my mum. A few of her friends bought a product or two from the Estee Lauder counter and the sales woman gifted my mum with a gift bag thinking that she was the one who recommended Estee Lauder products to her friends, and as she didn't necessarily need the gift bag she gifted it to me. This was actually a few months ago now but I only decided to try out the mascara earlier this month.



The mascara brush is a little too thick, and so it makes it easier to smudge and make mistakes because I have small mono-lid eyes. I've always been this way with mascara. When will I learn ...

Nevertheless, it does give my lashes more volume and curl which I really like. It's been so long since I've tried a mascara that so well. The mascara does feel a little heavy right after application, but that feeling soon disappears when it dries.

I think I need to try this mascara out a few more times until I give a more detailed review but so far so good, and even more so because it was a sample.

Mac Sheen Supreme (Korean Candy)


This Mac lipstick in Korean Candy is appearing in my monthly favourites again. I've recently been watching a Chinese drama (The Empress of China) and I've become very interested in the lipsticks they use in the drama. The main actress (Fan BingBing) uses a lot of coral and light orange lipstick shades, so I've really been wanting to try out the same kind of lipstick shade. I have looked them up and swatched in the store but the ones I had the most interest in don't seem to be so compatible for me, which is a shame, and so I have been using this lipstick in the meantime.

The shade 'Korean Candy' is a pigmented red/orange shade, which is not as light as the ones FBB uses in the drama however other actresses in the drama do use a lot of bright reds and I guess this is close to that. I can also lessen the brightness and redness by applying a light layer of this lipstick on and also rubbing the lipstick in across my lips.


It's a sheen lipstick and gives a hydrating look and feel. My lips have been a bit dry this month and so using a lipstick which is more hydrating and sheen would help with my dry lips and not worsen or highlight the dryness of my lips.


Zara Home Fragrance (Black Forest) 


I had previously posted a mini review(?) on this fragrance, about 2 months ago which was when I started using this and I have just noticed that I have about 1/3 of product left. Its a shame that its running out so soon, although it was only the other day when I was thinking that I bought this home fragrance quite a while go. I really do love this scent, its totally my style of scent - a strong, sweet fruity scent.

As I had previously mentioned, I would totally consider buying this fragrance again once I've used up all my others. I would really appreciate it if it went on sale too, It may have been included in the January sale, which I totally missed out on if it was included, as my sister bought another scent from the same line at Zara Home for a friend's birthday present, however that was the only one left in the sale.

 I think I will miss this scent once it runs out. I think I will keep the bottle, because it looks very pretty. I actually still have the packaging on my desk because that also is so pretty.

Mango Green Sweater and Zara Black Skirt


I have loving this green sweater lately, I can't stop wearing it every time I go out. It's so appropriate in such cold weather, especially with my Uniqlo extra warm heat tech long sleeve top underneath too. It really does help keep me warm, as I don't find myself shivering as much when wearing this on top of a warm coat. It's also great to see a change in my wardrobe and outfits, as I'm always wearing black or with a bit of white, so wearing a green sweater actually makes a big difference,

I had actually been thinking about buying a sweater like this and Mango was the answer. Not only was I able to find it quickly but it was also reduced in the sale. I didn't expect my self to like it this much, because I really want anything one now but sales are disappearing and I don't think Mango have any colours that I would want anymore. I want to avoid buying too much black clothes, because I have so many already.

The skirt is also new and from the sale, but I can't remember if it was during or before the January sales. The first time wearing this skirt was wore along with this sweater, like I am wearing in the photo above, and the first thing I realised when I wore it out was how cold my legs were. I'm usually fine with a tight fitted skirt but because this skirt is not worn shorter and not hugging my thighs, I can definitely feel the cold. Nevertheless, I think the outfit looks much better with this skirt than with my tight fitted skirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment