Sunday 8 June 2014

May Favourites


May favourites include of ....
Mac Korean Candy Lipstick
Innisfree's Green Tea Pure Sleeping Pack
Garnier Cleansing Wipes
L'Oreal Elvive Ful Restore Conditioning Repairing Spray




During the month of May, I have been using this Mac lipstick (Korean Candy) a lot. My sister bought me 

this when she went on a day trip to Portsmouth and found a cosmetic outlet store. The store were selling these lipsticks for only £10. That's considerably cheap so I asked her to buy me one too.

The colour is orange/red colour and I love it. I don't have a lipstick in this shade and I love trying out new lip products and I have been wanting to try out this shade of lipstick for a while so I started it using it everyday for the rest of the month.  

The only bad thing is that the colour comes off too easily. If I were to touch my lips with my hands or fingers the colour would transfer onto my hands very easily. The staying power is not too great also, which is a little disappointing because I like everything else about it.

Next product....


While I was visiting home for a week and didn't bring all my skincare routine products with me, I discovered Innisfree's Green Tea Pure Sleeping Pack in my sister's room and decided to use this in of my usual night skincare products. I have quite high expectations from Innisfree products, because I like all the products that I have purchased from them so far, so I was pretty excited to use it.

The product is in a gel-like form and feels very light. There are many little white beads mixed with the gel, which I think contains vitamin of some sort, but the little beads will disappear as you massage it into your skin.


I like how this sleeping pack does not leave my face looking oily or feeling greasy hours after application or in the morning, which is great for someone like me with combination oily skin. The scent is a little strong, but I think it's acceptable because I actually think the scent is quite pleasant.


Having run out of all my cleansing wipes I bought from Hong Kong, I had to decide on a brand to buy available in the UK. In the past, I used to only use Simple cleansing wipes, but after my year abroad and trying cleansing wipes from brands within China, HK and Korea, I really came to like their cleansing wipes much more, because it feels like there is less liquid in the wipes and does not leave my hair looking oily or feeling greasy .

I decided to go with Garnier's cleansing wipes for normal to combination skin, each pack includes 25 quilted wipes. It contains 2 doses of cleansing milk, enriched with grape extract and vitamin E, known for their anti-oxidant and nurturing properties, and removes even waterproof make-up.

I'm very close to finishing my pack of wipes now, and I do prefer Garnier's cleansing wipes to Simple's, because the formula is similar to those I bought in HK and Korea, and it does removes make-up pretty well without feeling greasy, so that is an almost instant thumbs-up for me. The scent is also quite pleasant and not too strong, it's more of a flowery than fruity scent. I will definitely consider buying these again.


During the 3 for 2 offers at Boots that's been taking place the past few weeks I bought some new hair products and one product I think that really works is the L'Oreal Elvive Ful Restore Conditioning Repairing Spray. It's a leave in spray, which can be used on dry and damp hair, that is supposed to replenish, restore fullness and detangles hair instantly, and that it does do. I didn't think it would be very effective but it does de tangle my hair instantly. Before I had my hair cut, the length was way past my shoulders and would get tangled very easily and very often but after spraying this into my hair, I could brush my hair very smoothly.

I have no complaints about this spray. It does not leave a hardening or unpleasant smell, which I very much dislike about hair products and is the reason why I don't own many or know much about hair products, because a lot that I have tried in the past ticks them two boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment