Thursday 12 June 2014

Circle Blackhead Off-sheet Review [update]

I recently made a huge haul, in which most products were to help with my pores, and Ciracle's Blackhead Off Sheet was the one I was most looking forward to trying out, because I saw and read great results from this product. 

I got mine for £9.29 ($15.75) during the seller's sale on Ebay iamlove-shop, who offers free delivery from South Korea. It arrived faster than I expected. I remember previous purchases made on Ebay from South Korea would take up to two weeks but this arrived under two weeks, it took around one and a half weeks.






Product Information

The product is packaged in a plastic jar, containing 30 sheets. The cloth-type sheet to be used on any area of the face, such as the nose, chin and cheeks.

The product contains natural plant extracts that penetrates deep into the skin, helping to gently removes sebum, blackheads and white-heads, without irritating the skin or enlarging pores. The special formula helps soften the skin and pull any waste at the surface and through the pores.  

It comes with a small tweezer which is said to be used for picking up the sheets from the jar and placing it on the areas needed. This is so that the dirt and bacteria that are on your fingers do not transfer onto the sheet. 

I'm pretty sure the top sheet, which is blue, is just a top cover sheet and should not be used on the face. The sheets are really thin so be careful when picking up the sheets so you don't end up picking up two instead of one. 


It also comes with a pack of cotton buds with a blackhead extractor on the other end to clean off your black/white-heads. 


How to use
  1. Extract the blackhead-off sheet from the jar, using the tweezers provided. 
  2. Place the blackhead-off sheet flat over the nose or other areas required.
  3. Leave the sheet on for 15 minutes for the best results. Do not wait until the sheet is dry, it should be moist even after removing the sheet from the face. 
  4. Remove the sheet and use a cotton swab to wipe away blackheads and finish with rinsing with water. 

I've used the product twice so far, and I would say there are some noticeable improvements even after the first time of using it, nose in particular. 

When I removed the sheets off my nose, I initially thought all the reviews and the product were lies because I didn't see how it worked. I did not find the cotton swab to be so helpful. I have tried this every time so far and I do not need anything on the cotton swab. Although, this may not be the best method, I find it more effective to rinse with water and rubbing my nose. I notice better results doing it this way than using a cotton swab.

[update]: When using the off-sheet earlier this week, I decided to give it a try once more and follow the instructions and oh my, what a big difference. I have no idea what I was doing previously, but I absolutely love this product now.

After 15 minutes have passed, I remove the sheet off my nose and use the extractor,in which the product comes with, to remove whiteheads. As you started using the extractor, scraping the extractor downwards/upwards, you will see all the white-heads appearing on your nose and on the extractor. I was really amazed that it actually worked this time round, despite having used up the majority of the sheets already. I will definitely be purchasing this again.


White-heads removed from my nose using the extractor tool 
Cleaning my nose after using the sheet off and extractor
My white heads reduced tremendously and the pores on my nose tightened, so I was happy with the product and the results. However, during the waiting time I had to have the sheets on for, I did find that the product stings my face, while the sheets are on, but once taken off it does not sting. On Ciracle's website, it says that this is normal and it is a sign that dead skin cells are being removed. 

An after-effect of the product would be that the next day I found that the area around my nose, where I had placed the sheets, were very dry even after applying my gel moisturiser. I had to remove my make-up and redo again because it looked too flaky around my nose. But 2 days after using the product, it was not so dry, and this did not happen after the second time of using the product.


Ciracle Tips

Here a few tips from Ciracle on this product. 
  • For better results, rinse the face with warm water or place a steamed towel on the face to open up pores before using the product
  • Store the jar at room temperature, in a dark space. Close the lid tightly after each use to avoid vaporization
  • It is recommended to use the product everyday during the first week to remove excessive blackheads. After the first week, use 1-2 times a week for dry-normal skin, and 2-3 times for oily skin
  • Do not use on blemish area

Pros
  • Super effective at removing white-heads
  • Effective at tightening pores on the nose
  • More affordable than nose strips
  • No pain

Cons
  • Stings slightly during use
  • Doesn't work according to the instructions (for me anyway) < I know how to use the product properly now

I find this product extremely effective in removing whiteheads but not so much with blackheads. Nevertheless, I would recommend this product. It is a cheap product considering the number of sheets it comes with and compared to price and the number of strips you would get in a box of pull-off nose strips.

With this product, you are not pulling anything from the pores like a nose strip would and I actually notice that it does not enlarge my pores and actually looks smaller than as if I were to use a nose strip, so this is a really good alternative and I would consider buying this again.

[update]: Along with my update above, I really love this product and I think its very effective at what its supposed to do and would highly recommend this product. I even had to change my rating for the product after finding out how to use the product properly. I would also highly recommend buying a blackhead/whitehead remover tool, as it is would be a reusable tool and is more effective at removing whiteheads.


My Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment